Have you heard all the hype about Coconut Oil?
I finally decided to try it out, and bought the two-pack on Amazon. I have read that along with some health benefits, coconut oil can be used as a moisturizer or even in your hair. I love the smell of coconut, and this particular brand seems to get very good reviews (Nutiva’s Cold-Pressed, Organic Extra-Virgin Coconut Oil). No, they’re not paying me.
While I generally try to fry foods as little as possible, this oil is a fun alternative to my good old standby, olive oil. It does lend a slight coconut-y flavor to foods, but was very good in a chicken-broccoli-pineapple stir fry!
It made about 12 large chunky, chewy (dare I say decadent) cookies.
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspon baking soda
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 3/4 cup flour
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In an electric mixer, beat together coconut oil, eggs, and brown sugar until well mixed.
- Add remaining ingredients, mixing together just until all are incorporated.
- Use a 1/3 cup-measuring cup to form cookies on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes, or just until the outside of the cookies have browned.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool.