Walk on Saturday, October 22, to raise funds and awareness for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. Participants will walk a one-mile loop and enjoy free food and entertainment before and after the event. It is free to register, and online registration is currently open. The average walker raises $225 to support research initiatives, programs and services of the Society. Individuals interested in joining or creating a team can sign up online with co-workers, friends, family, or neighbors. Visit www.walkmstexas.org to register to walk, volunteer, or donate.
|Date: Saturday, October 22, 2011
Location: Katy Mills Mall
Address: 5000 Katy Mills Circle,
Parking: Park at entrance 8 near the AMC Theatre
Site Opens: 7:30 a.m.
Walk Begins: 9:00 a.m.
For the Katy Walk page, go here.
1. … the great schools that my child will one day attend.
2. … the feeling of safety that I have in my community and while going around town.
3. … the fabulous shopping opportunites I have from La Centerra to Katy Mills and everything in between.
4. … the wonderful variety of restaurants in the area starting with breakfast at Panera Bread and ending with dinner at Perry’s.
5. … the fact that myself and my family have some of the best medical care in the country only a stone’s throw away at the new Texas Medical Center’s West Campus.
6. … the variety of affordable home ownership opportunites with amazing amenities in the area including Cinco Ranch and Seven Meadows.
7. … the opportunity to live in a thriving area with some degree of job stability while the rest of the country appears to be suffering from an economic downturn.
8. … the friendliness of my neighbors who always greet me when I leave my home and invite me to any party they are hosting.
9. … the warm weather that we have in Katy that has allowed me to grow my first garden containing roses, tomatoes, basil and daylilies!
10. … the feeling that I can set down my roots in this community and be content living here from the age of 23 to the age of 103.