Attend the world’s largest livestock exhibition and richest regular-season rodeo held from February 28 – March 18, 2012 at Reliant Park.
The entertainment line-up includes, among others, Alabama, Kid Rock, Lady Antebellum, John Legend, Enrique Iglesias, Blake Shelton, Alan Jackson, Reba, Brad Paisley, and ZZ Top.
Kids activities include camel rides, pony rides, a petting zoo, pig races, and a kids’ pedal tractor pull.
An impressive variety of food vendors will be there to serve you. Details can be found at www.rodeohouston.com.
Dubbed as “way more than a boat show,” the 56th Annual Houston International Boat, Sport & Travel Show will be held January 6-15, 2012 at Reliant Center. This is the “largest indoor show for outdoor sports in the Southwest.”
More than 1000 boats of various types will be on display, in addition to campers, travel trailers, fishing equipment, and accessories.
Kids activities will include Bubble Runners and a Fish-o-rama, in which kids will have an opportunity to catch live fish.
For more information check out http://houstonboatshows.com.
New Year’s Noon is Houston’s longest-running New Year’s Eve celebration just for kids! This end-of-year bash rings in the New Year at the stroke of noon with a parade and shimmering ball drop, just like they do in Times Square! Kids don’t have to stay up till midnight to celebrate! Welcome the New Year kid-style and stick around for our after party!
New Year’s Noon is included with $8 general admission; it’s FREE for Museum Members!
SPECIAL NEW YEAR’S EVENTS:
- New Year’s Eve Parade with High Steppers New Orleans Style Brass Band: Dance to jazzy tunes as the High Steppers lead our exciting New Year’s parade throughout the museum!
- Parade begins: 11:30a.m.
- Brilliant Ball Drop and Countdown: Watch as we celebrate the beginning of a new year just like they do on TV!
- Countdown begins at 11:45 a.m.
- After Party with DJ Zin: Stick around as we leap into the New Year and dance the afternoon away!
- Event Time: Noon in the Allen Family Courtyard following ball drop.
ON-GOING NEW YEAR’S NOON BASH ACTIVITIES:
- New Year LED Masks: Start off the New Year with a bright, new look and outlook at the Inventor’s Workshop.
- Sound Sandwich: Make some holiday noise! Manipulate craft sticks, straws, and rubber bands into a noise maker that uses vibration to create noise at Science Station.
- Straw Oboe: Turn an ordinary straw into an extraordinary oboe at Science Station.
- Alka Seltzer Rockets: Shoot on over to Science Station to blast off a film canister rocket and salute the New Year.
NEW YEAR’S EVE HOURS:
10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Countdown to NOON begins at 11:45 a.m.
Museum closed on New Year’s Day, Jan. 1
Museum OPEN Monday, January 2