According to culturemap.com, American Girl will be opening up a 16,000 square-foot store in Memorial City Mall Houston! Scheduled to open this summer, it will contain both a retail store and a restaurant. This will be the second store in Texas and the thirteenth in the United States.
American Girl, founded in 1986, creates books, dolls, clothes, toys, and accessories, many of which are based on fictional historical characters. The line has products geared towards girls from preschool age through her tween years.
These are a few items that Jonathan uses or that we thought would make good gifts.
-There’s Nothing Wrong With Letting Him Choose!
Any of these gifts would make me feel appreciated and loved!
As George Sands said, “There is only one happiness in life – to love and be loved.”
I have been wanting to do a sewing a project on my sewing machine.
When I saw this project I just had to try it!
One of Carina’s favorite things to do is color, and it will be nice to have this roll ready to go in my baby bag when we go out. When Carina opened it and saw the crayon surprise, she had a huge smile on her face!
I followed Skip to my Lou‘s instructions carefully, but here’s what I did:
- You need three pieces of wool felt 6″ X 16 1/2 (pocket), 5″ X 16 1/2″ (outside), 5″ x 16 1/2″ (inside).
- Take the 6 X 16 1/2 piece (pocket) and fold it in half length ways.
- Lay it on top of the 5″ X 16 1/2 (inside) piece.
- Starting over 1 1/4″ from the edge, stitch from top to the bottom on the pocket piece. Then continuing stitching every 1″. Back stitch at the top of each stitching line to reinforce.
- You will end with 1 1/4″ on the other side and 15 crayon pockets.
- Place the pocket piece that you just sewed on top of your outside piece (wrong sides together). Gently stretch and pin to keep it all in place.
- On the right edge at the middle insert a 30″ piece of ribbon folded in half. Insert the folded end about 1/2 an inch.
- Sew all the way around the outside 1/4″ in from the edge.
- Dress up the edge using pinking shears – be careful when you come to the ribbon – you will have to do each side separately.
He did a good job! 12 strands of beautiful pearls!
Thank you Jonathan! I Love You!
My iPhone photo doesn’t do it justice.