Visit a public garden!
The closest public gardens to Katy, Texas are:
Peckerwood Garden Conservation Foundation
20571 FM 359 Road
Hempstead, Texas 77445
Call for times and “Open Weekends”
Rare and unusual plants from the United States, Mexico and Asia.
Mercer Arboretum & Botanic Gardens
22306 Aldine Westfield Road
Humble, Texas 77338
Check for hours. Three hundred acres of East Texas Piney Woods containing native and cultivated plants.
1. … the great schools that my child will one day attend.
2. … the feeling of safety that I have in my community and while going around town.
3. … the fabulous shopping opportunites I have from La Centerra to Katy Mills and everything in between.
4. … the wonderful variety of restaurants in the area starting with breakfast at Panera Bread and ending with dinner at Perry’s.
5. … the fact that myself and my family have some of the best medical care in the country only a stone’s throw away at the new Texas Medical Center’s West Campus.
6. … the variety of affordable home ownership opportunites with amazing amenities in the area including Cinco Ranch and Seven Meadows.
7. … the opportunity to live in a thriving area with some degree of job stability while the rest of the country appears to be suffering from an economic downturn.
8. … the friendliness of my neighbors who always greet me when I leave my home and invite me to any party they are hosting.
9. … the warm weather that we have in Katy that has allowed me to grow my first garden containing roses, tomatoes, basil and daylilies!
10. … the feeling that I can set down my roots in this community and be content living here from the age of 23 to the age of 103.