Caroline Iris Photography is offering a photo session worth $200 and a $25 gift certificate to the runner-up!!
- Time and talent of photographer
- Up to 2 hours for the session
- Location of your choice in the Houston/Katy area (*travel fees may apply if further than 1 hour away).
- 2-3 wardrobe changes (if you want)
- Sneak preview on Facebook/blog
- CD of at least 20 images that Caroline will choose that are custom edited in high resolutions for print, as well as web versions for use online. (Cropping, adjust lighting/color, retouching, etc., and giving your photos that special custom look!)!
- Print release allowing you to print these photos when and where you want!
- Your images will be in a private online gallery on www.carolineiris.com so that you or anyone you share the password with will be able to view the proofs and order prints and much more from a professional lab!! This will be open for at least 6 months and up to 1 year!
- Caroline will upload the rest of the 20 photos(at least) on Facebook and you can tag them!!
- *A family of more than 4 would require an extra $25 charge per person.
The photo session must be redeemed within the time frame of
March 26, 2012 and May 26, 2012.
The $25 gift certificate must be redeemed by December 31, 2012.
Caroline is offering so many options! Your shoot could be a senior shoot, a couple, a solo, or a small family shoot (up to 4 people). Other ideas are engagements, bridals, maternity, newborn, for your child’s birthday cake smash, or pretty much anything!
DEADLINE for entries is March 20, 2012. The winner will be announced here on the blog and on Facebook.
HOW TO ENTER:
- Become a Facebook fan of Caroline Iris Photography.
- Become a Facebook fan of Katy Confidential.
- Mention the giveaway in your Facebook status.
- Blog about the giveaway. Leave a link to your blog.
- Pin one of Caroline’s photos from this blog post. Leave a link to your pin.
You may do any one of these for one entry. If you do all 5, your name will be entered into the contest 5 times. You may only enter for yourself 5 times and in only these 5 ways.
Please leave a separate comment for each entry. You may repeat the same task, but it will NOT increase your number of entries. In other words, you can mention Caroline Iris Photography in your Facebook status 10 times, but it will still only be worth one entry.
What MUST be included in your blogging/posting is a link to this blog post.
Sample: “Caroline Iris Photography is giving away a Session at http://www.katyconfidential.com/2012/02/caroline-iris-photography-giveaway!”
*What if I’m already a “fan” on Facebook? Let us know in a comment, and it will still count as an entry.
HOW TO GET EXTRA ENTERIES:
Encourage your friends to Facebook “like” Caroline Iris Photography and Katy Confidential too. Have them comment on both Facebook pages saying that they are entering for you!
Each time a friend comments that they are entering for you, it will be one entry.
Each friend can only enter for one person and only gets two entries for you (one for each “like”).
There is no limit to the number of people who can vote for you.
*Just a reminder: you or your friends must leave your email address so I can contact you if you win!!!
Open to residents of the Greater Houston/Katy Area (or people willing to travel here) only.
HOW THE WINNER IS CHOSEN:
The person with the most entries in their name will win. Please be sure to include your email address in your comment so that I have a way to contact you if you win. The runner-up will win a $25 gift certificate toward a session with Caroline Iris Photography.
If the winner does not respond within 48 hours of being notified, a new winner will be chosen.
This recipe was made for me! It has everything that I love to eat, that I had in my house, and that was easy to prepare and customize!
Spinach is one of the few leafy vegetables that I actually enjoy eating (I can be picky). I eat spinach on pretty much everything – from an omelette to a pizza, or just alone.
I also love Brie cheese and make a baked Brie for every family get-together.
The last major component of this recipe, the grilled chicken, is also a favorite. I grew up grilling meat outside and now have both an outdoor grill and a grill pan that I used here. It was very easy to use and to clean.
You may be wondering why I made so much chicken for only two adults and a toddler. We like to keep some grilled chicken breasts in the refrigerator so that there is always a healthy snack or easy meal at the ready. These are breasts cut in half.
I did not follow the original Food Network recipe exactly. Here’s what I did:
- Cooking spray
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic and Mrs. Dash Tomato Basil Garlic seasoning
- 4 to 8 slices Brie cheese, about 1/2-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 4 slices turkey bacon, cooked
- 1 handful of raisins
Heat a stove-top grill pan with cooking spray and set over medium-high heat to preheat.
Cook turkey bacon.
Season both sides of chicken with salt, black pepper, garlic, and Mrs. Dash Tomato Basil Garlic seasoning (love this stuff).
Add chicken to hot pan and cook until browned and cooked through. Place 1 to 2 slices of Brie on top of chicken, cover with foil for a couple of minutes or until cheese melts.
In a small bowl, combine vinegar, honey, and salt and pepper, to taste. Microwave for 30 seconds.
Crumble the bacon strips over the spinach. Add on some raisins. Transfer chicken to the plate with spinach salad. Pour the warm vinaigrette as you please.
I hope that everyone is having a fun and safe start to the new year.
We will be welcoming 2012 at home with family.
This year, I resolve to be more organized and to continue to create a healthy, happy home.
I have seen “In this House…” plaques on a few blogs, and decided to recreate one of my own as part of my New Years Resolution.
According to the 2011 Texas County Health Rankings (m.countyhealthrankings.org/
Photo Credit: Free Digital Photos
Zest in the West is a three-day event that celebrates food, beer and wine in west Houston. Zest in the West is in its fourth year of supporting the West Houston Leadership Institute and The Houston West Chamber of Commerce. The Grand Zesting hosts a live and silent auction to raise money for scholarships to the institute. The two day Zestival is an outdoor event for family and friends featuring Live Music, Food Trucks, Wine & Beer sampling, and a Kidz Zone.
Thursday, October 20, 2011
Hilton Houston Westchase
9999 Westheimer Road
Tickets are $45 for general admission and $75 for VIP entry.
Saturday, October 22, 2011
Sunday, October 23, 2011
The Great Indoors Front Lot
10496 Katy Freeway in Houston
Tickets are $15 for general admission and $35 for VIP entry.
Children 12 and under are free.
Parking is free in the surrounding Great Indoors parking lot.
For more information, go to www.zestinthewest.com or call (713) 557-5732.