Childrens Museum of Houston
Houston TX 77004
Monday, January 16, 2012
Special Event $5 General Admission
Brought to you by State Rep. Garnet Coleman
• State Rep. Garnet Coleman and Gardere Oratory Speech Winner Recital: Listen to the uplifting words of State Rep. Garnet Coleman as he introduces this year’s Gardere Martin Luther King, Jr. Oratorical Competition winner.
• Caryakid Award: Join us as we pay tribute to a local community leader for his/her service.
• Peace Rally Led by CMH Kid’s Committee and MLK “I Have a Dream Speech” rendition: Join the Kid’s Committee in a peaceful march down Kid’s Hall to celebrate our civil rights then hear the speech that changed it all.
• Young Harmonies of Houston: Listen to the moving and inspirational sounds of this young group of performers.
• Freedom Hands: Dr. King taught us to work together toward freedom. Express with your hands freedoms you have at the Alexander Art Academy.
• Dream Portraits: Reflect on your own talent, personality and dreams for the future by making a life size portrait of yourself in Tree Top and One World.
• Dream Wall: Dr. King had dreams, and we know you do too. Come to Junktion, write down your dream and share it with us on our Dream Wall.
• Family Seal: Design a special symbol which represents the beliefs of you and your family at Junktion.
• Paper Cranes: Embrace a different culture and Dr. King’s message of peace through symbolic origami cranes at Junktion.
• African American Scientist and Inventors: Learn about their achievements and explore how they have impacted our society at Science Station.