Like us on Facebook to enter to win a
$25 Amazon Gift Card!
Visit our Facebook Page Here!
One entry per Facebook account. Winner will be chosen randomly October 31, 2011.
To enter, “like” our Facebook page and leave a comment on this post so that you will be counted.
iOle! Celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month with a Fiesta!
Maud Smith Marks Branch Library is having a Festival with crafts, dancing, and food. There is no registration required, and all ages are welcome. The party will be held on Saturday, September 17th, from 1PM-4PM.
1815 Westgreen Boulevard
Katy, TX 77450
Rosenberg’s Hispanic Heritage Day will also take place on Saturday, September 17th, from 10 AM-6PM. The downtown Rosenberg event will feature Mariachi bands, dance performances, and cultural exhibits throughout the day. The Fort Bend Hispanic Heritage Forum will have a booth and is helping the City coordinate activities and entertainment throughout the event. There will be plenty of activities for the kids, and the Art League of Fort Bend and Gulf Coast Chapter of the Texas Master Naturalists will be on hand with exhibits and displays.
800 3rd Street
Rosenberg, TX 77471
Morton Ranch High School Performing Arts Center is holding their Seventh Annual Latin Fest on Friday, September 23rd from 7PM-10PM. This Latin Cultural/Talent show presents the dancing, singing and culture of every Latin country along with Special Guests, Tati Soleil, Grupo Azendado, and 104.9 FM Tú Música! Tickets go on sale September 19 at the school during lunch for $5, and are also available at the door for $7. All proceeds go towards the MRHS Latinos Unidos Scholarship Fund. Any student who participates in the show then becomes eligible for a scholarship. If you would like to make a donation towards the scholarship fund or have any questions, please contact Romulo Crespo at RomuloECrespo@Katyisd.org
21000 Franz Rd.
Katy, TX 77449
Photo Credit: Free Digital Photo
- Katy is spread between three counties: Fort Bend, Waller, and Harris.
- In 2011, the population of Katy within the city is approximately 15,307. The area surrounding Katy is home to thousands more.
- The median cost of a home in Katy is approximately $159,145.
- Katy was incorporated in 1945.
- Katy is named after the “K-T Railroad,” or the Missouri-Kansas-Texas Railroad, that rode through Katy during the 1800’s.
- Katy was originally named Cane Island.
- On September 8, 1900, a severe hurricane destroyed most of Katy’s buildings.
- The elevation of Katy is 142 feet.
- The median income is $83,383.
- Katy made U.S. News’ list of Best Places to Retire.
The Katy Commerce Center offers solutions for new and established businesses that need space and business services. They have 13,000 square feet of office space and 12,000 square feet of warehouse space for rent, in addition to virtual offices, conference rooms, training rooms and hot sites. They also have on-site management, a receptionist, support staff and logistics. So, if your goal is a new enterprise or expansion of your existing business, Katy Commerce Center can help you.