This is the first year of the Mom Expo. Its theme is “Positive Affirmations of A Mother’s Journey” in order to “Celebrate A Mother’s Journey.” From pregnancy to childhood through adulthood, options are available to children in such areas as childhood education, development, recreation, and performing arts. Mom’s also have personal needs with regard to finance, beauty, and home, that will also be addressed here. Attendance at this event may give you the guidance and the answers that you have been seeking.
January 27 – 28, 2012
Legends Sports Complex
602 Pruitt Road
The Woodlands, Texas 77380
The heat and humidity in Texas can cause your makeup to run right off your face. Here are five tips to keep you looking cool in the heat!
Five tips for applying makeup in hot, humid Texas weather:
1. Primer. If you live in a hot climate, priming your face before applying makeup should be an essential step in your routine. My favorite face primer is Clean Slate by Tarte. Not only does this primer help your makeup stay in place all day, it is also made with natural ingredients that help smooth fine lines and wrinkles.
Primer should also be used before applying eye makeup. Urban Decay Shadow Primer Potion is a fantastic eye shadow base. Spread a little bit of this primer before applying eye makeup and your shadow will not move all day.
2. Tinted Moisturizer. In this humid climate, most foundations are too heavy. A tinted moisturizer with spf is a great alternative. My favorite tinted moisturizer is Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer with spf 20. This product comes in a wide range of colors, applies smoothly, and lasts all day.
3. Bronzer. Powder bronzer is a good substitute to tanning in the suns harmful rays. Bronzer can help brighten a dull complexion as well as make your cheekbones appear more defined. Laguna Bronzer by Nars Cosmetics gives your skin a beautiful natural glow.
4. Blotting Papers. Blotting papers can be pressed against your skin mid-day to help remove shine and excess oil. Blotting papers help keep your makeup matte without having to reapply powder or foundation. Boscia’s Green Tea Blotting Linens are all natural, preservative-free blotting papers that come in a small container that can fit easily into your purse.
5. Cheek and Lip Stain. In the heat, powder blush and lip stick tend to fade quickly. A stain for your cheeks and lips is a good option. The Cheek Stain by Tarte can be applied over or under makeup on cheeks and lips for color that will last all day.