With all of the cooking and baking that I’ve been doing, I have had to make a special effort to focus on fitness. The area pools are all opening soon and everyone wants to look their best. That doesn’t mean we have to slave over the machines at the gym (although some time on the elliptical never hurt anyone). There are lots of fun ways to stay fit! This week I am going to try to focus on activities that families can do to stay healthy this summer.
One of my favorites is doing workout videos at home, because Baby can play nearby and I can fit a few minutes into my busy schedule without leaving home. Right now, I’ve been loving The Dahm Triplets Workout: 3, 2, 1… Get Your Body Back. These ladies are Fit and Fabulous, and their DVD is on sale for only $9.99! There are three 10-minute workouts full of fun dance moves along with an ab workout. Baby sometimes puts down her toys just to watch me dance. Get your copy!
I have spent a lot of time observing what Katonians wear while out and about and it seems as though the prevalent style is casual and classic. Many colorful T-shirts for gals with Bermudas or khaki slacks or skirts, while the guys don button down oxfords or collared T-shirts with jeans or cotton twill slacks. Kids always look adorable in a wide range of styles from play clothes to frilly dresses with big hair bows! Whatever you and your family wear around Katy you are sure to have a great day!
1. … the great schools that my child will one day attend.
2. … the feeling of safety that I have in my community and while going around town.
3. … the fabulous shopping opportunites I have from La Centerra to Katy Mills and everything in between.
4. … the wonderful variety of restaurants in the area starting with breakfast at Panera Bread and ending with dinner at Perry’s.
5. … the fact that myself and my family have some of the best medical care in the country only a stone’s throw away at the new Texas Medical Center’s West Campus.
6. … the variety of affordable home ownership opportunites with amazing amenities in the area including Cinco Ranch and Seven Meadows.
7. … the opportunity to live in a thriving area with some degree of job stability while the rest of the country appears to be suffering from an economic downturn.
8. … the friendliness of my neighbors who always greet me when I leave my home and invite me to any party they are hosting.
9. … the warm weather that we have in Katy that has allowed me to grow my first garden containing roses, tomatoes, basil and daylilies!
10. … the feeling that I can set down my roots in this community and be content living here from the age of 23 to the age of 103.
Katy Confidential is a one-stop source for cool ideas & resources for families in Katy & beyond.
Become a Fan!
To request a review of your product or establishment, contact us in one of the following ways: