Katonians and Katy, Texas visitors will be enjoying more great shopping, dining, and outdoor activities as a result of the coming expansion of the La Centerra shopping center.
Portions are set to be completed between December 2012 and the summer of 2014. Some of the venues scheduled to open are Grimaldi’s Pizzeria, Zoes Kitchen, Bonefish Grill, World of Beer, and Emmanuel Salon. Other projects include Central Green, an outdoor amphitheater, and 350 luxury residential mid-rise units.
To find out more about the growth of La Centerra and about leasing, visit their website.
1. The four quacking ducks, three swimming turtles, and one large white egret that entertained my granddaughter in the Oak Forest Trails section of Cinco Ranch this past weekend.
2. The wonderful family meal that we shared at DaVinci’s Italian Restaurant.
3. The 24 hour service at Denny’s Restaurant.
4. The great weather that allows for numerous outdoor activities.
5. The friendly neighbors.
6. The EZ Tag that allows us to travel to and from Houston effortlessly.
7. The gorgeous landscapes that bring a smile to our faces each day.
8. The shopping, the shopping, the shopping…
Dewberry Farm Celebrates 10 Years of Family Fun with a New Eight-Acre “Uncle Sam” Corn Maze and a vintage 80-Passenger Locomotive!
Dewberry Farm (just outside of Katy) opens for the season on September 29th and celebrates ten years of clean, country “Agri-tainment”. With more than 30 attractions including: an eight-acre Pumpkin Patch, a NEW 6,000-pound 80 passenger train, “thoroughbred” Pig Races, fun-flying Zip Lines, Punkin’ Hollar with 500 lighted hand-carved pumpkins and a spectacular eight-acre Corn Maze with trekking-levels for all ages! Be a part of the “You CAN Vote!” campaign. Bring a can of food to vote for your favorite CAN-didate and receive a one dollar token to be used anywhere on the Farm. The goal is to collect 25,000 cans of food to help stock local food banks.
September 29 and 30 (50% off admission opening weekend) Through November 11
Saturday – 10am to Dusk
Sunday – Noon to Dusk
Columbus Day, Oct. 8 10am to 6pm
(Monday through Friday: private groups, schools and mom’s groups by reservation only)
The 2012 Katy Visual and Performing Arts Center Annual Masquerade will be held on Thursday, October 18, 2012, from 6:30-10:00. Enjoy great food, fun casino games, and a performance by the Crimson Vagabond Roadshow.
Attendees are requested to wear business to cocktail attire, and masks are optional.
Masks can be purchased at the event or at KVPAC on Saturday, October 13 (prices range from $3-$30).
Purchase discount event tickets in advance, online or at KVPAC, for $25 per person. Tickets will cost $30 at the door
1. The friendly people!
2. The ease of driving and finding everything I need locally
3. The great neighborhoods with beautiful homes, landscapes and water features
4. My favorite hang-outs: Panera Bread, Da Vinci Italian Restaurant, Las Alamedas Restaurant and my cousin’s house!
5. Katy Mills Shopping Center and LaCenterra Shopping Center
6. Farmer’s Market at the LaCenterra Shopping Center on Saturday mornings
7. The wonderful schools
8. The Katy Rice Harvest Festival
9. Story Hour at the public library
10. Bike Barn Katy Saturday Rides
The City Council of the City of Katy, Texas proclaimed it. All across Houston and Katy, kids aged 5-17 will be selling lemonade from their lemonade stands in order to learn about business.
Houstonian Michael Hothouse founded Lemonade Day in 2007 as a kids business education program with the theme, “Build a Stand. Spark a Dream.” With a goal of 100 cities with one million registered youths having lemonade stands by 2013, currently 31 cities across the United States and Canada participate! For more information check out www.LemonadeDay.org.
Katy Confidential is a one-stop source for cool ideas & resources for families in Katy & beyond.
Become a Fan!
To request a review of your product or establishment, contact us in one of the following ways: