Did you know that Katy, Texas is home to a chocolate laboratory? The Araya laboratory is located at 1575 W Grand Parkway South, Suite 1000, Katy, Texas, and the store is located at 2013 W Gray Street in Houston. Both locations sell the Araya products to the public.
Araya was founded by Stefano Zullian, Carla Susi and Silvana Susi. It features unique and beautiful premium chocolates made of 100% Venezuelan dark or dark milk chocolate with other fresh, natural ingredients. The chocolate boxes, designed by local and foreign artists, are just as distinctive as the chocolates. They make a great gift, as well as a terrific presentation on your own table.
These fine and reasonably priced chocolates may also be purchased online from arayachocolate.com or http://web.me.com/arayachocolate/Site/Home.html.
Do you like raw milk, fresh cheese and handmade soaps? If so, you need to check out these local goat farms that offer all of the above. Many of them also will give you a tour of their facilities with advance notice, which may be both fun and educational for the family!
Proverbs Farm and Soap Shoppe
12403 County Road 280
Alvin, Texas 77511
Offers fresh goats milk, cheese, yogurt, kefir and handmade soap, cream and lotion.
Lonesome Doe Nubians and Nubian Soaps
550 Dogwood Road
Cleveland, Texas 77328
A large variety of goats milk soaps.
Tarkington Prairie Little Dairy on the Prairie
Fresh or frozen raw goats milk.
I love Mediterranean food, and Shish Kabob Cafe does not disappoint!
With its generous portions and casual atmosphere, my husband and I enjoy this restaurant. I ordered the yummy, garlicky Chicken Showarma Plate, and Jonathan ordered the $5.99 Gyro Wrap and a Coke Special. Everyone is extremely friendly. We were comfortable bringing Baby there – she loved the hummus! For dessert we shared several pieces of baklava, and I tried the hot saffron tea (delish!).
Go get your Mediterranean fix today:
Shish Kabob Cafe
Persian & Mediterranean Cuisine
19965 Katy Freeway off S. Fry Road, Houston, TX, 77094 (next to Target)
Monday-Saturday: 11-9:30 PM; Sunday: 11-7 PM
It doesn’t get any better than Perry’s!
From the moment you walk into this upscale and modern, yet warm and cozy restaurant, you are greeted by hostesses that treat you like old friends trying to accommodate your every wish. Although pricey, there are some dining experiences that are worth the money and Perry’s is one of them. I ordered the filet mignon, the au gratin potatoes, and topped it off with a Mont Blanc a la Frisc flaming dessert. All were delicious as well as impressive in their presentation. We were celebrating my son in law’s birthday as well as entertaining my husband’s cousins who recently moved to Katy, Texas from Miami, Florida. All were impressed by the quality of the food, the fine service, and the elegant environment. In fact, my husband’s cousin recently flashed me her box of match sticks with the Perry’s logo on it that she took as a momento of our special evening.
Perry’s Steakhouse and Grille, located in LaCenterra at Cinco Ranch
1. … the great schools that my child will one day attend.
2. … the feeling of safety that I have in my community and while going around town.
3. … the fabulous shopping opportunites I have from La Centerra to Katy Mills and everything in between.
4. … the wonderful variety of restaurants in the area starting with breakfast at Panera Bread and ending with dinner at Perry’s.
5. … the fact that myself and my family have some of the best medical care in the country only a stone’s throw away at the new Texas Medical Center’s West Campus.
6. … the variety of affordable home ownership opportunites with amazing amenities in the area including Cinco Ranch and Seven Meadows.
7. … the opportunity to live in a thriving area with some degree of job stability while the rest of the country appears to be suffering from an economic downturn.
8. … the friendliness of my neighbors who always greet me when I leave my home and invite me to any party they are hosting.
9. … the warm weather that we have in Katy that has allowed me to grow my first garden containing roses, tomatoes, basil and daylilies!
10. … the feeling that I can set down my roots in this community and be content living here from the age of 23 to the age of 103.
Katy Confidential is a one-stop source for cool ideas & resources for families in Katy & beyond.
Become a Fan!
To request a review of your product or establishment, contact us in one of the following ways: