I have become obsessed with a new crunchy snack that is relatively healthy and extremely easy to make: Roasted Chickpeas!
My original idea came from Martha Stewart’s Chickpea Nibbles (which I pinned on my Pinterest page). I love that this can be made into either a salty or sweet snack, or a mixture of the two!
Here’s what I do:
- 1 can (14 oz) chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- a shake of salt and a shake of pepper
- Your seasoning of choice. I like Goya Sazonador Total.
- If you want something sweet, try a cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas and then dry them on a paper towel. Remove any of the skins that come off of the beans.
- Place the chickpeas in a bowl with olive oil, salt, and pepper (if you are going sweet, you can amend this step to your taste or leave them plain).
- Stir and then pour out on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Transfer chickpeas to a bowl and mix thoroughly with your chosen flavors.