Last night, we had breakfast for dinner. I found this delicious looking recipe on the Martha Stewart website and decided to try it. The original recipe called for bacon and egg with other suggested options.
I chose to make ours using Texas toast, turkey bacon, sauteed spinach, egg, and cheese. Also, I only made three of these, so I used ramekins instead of a muffin pan.
Here’s how I made my Omelette Cups:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray each ramekin with non-stick spray
- Saute spinach (I usually just rinse my pre-washed spinach and quickly saute in the water that is left on the leaves); put aside
- Cook turkey bacon; put aside
- Flatten a couple of slices of bread with a rolling pin and cut into quarters
- Arrange two or three squares of the flattened bread inside the ramekins
- Separate the turkey bacon and spinach between each cup
- Crack an egg into each cup
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until egg looks done
- When done, sprinkle with shredded cheese
If you want to serve on a plate, run a knife around the edge of the cup and turn it over.