New Year’s Noon is Houston’s longest-running New Year’s Eve celebration just for kids! This end-of-year bash rings in the New Year at the stroke of noon with a parade and shimmering ball drop, just like they do in Times Square! Kids don’t have to stay up till midnight to celebrate! Welcome the New Year kid-style and stick around for our after party!
New Year’s Noon is included with $8 general admission; it’s FREE for Museum Members!
SPECIAL NEW YEAR’S EVENTS:
- New Year’s Eve Parade with High Steppers New Orleans Style Brass Band: Dance to jazzy tunes as the High Steppers lead our exciting New Year’s parade throughout the museum!
- Parade begins: 11:30a.m.
- Brilliant Ball Drop and Countdown: Watch as we celebrate the beginning of a new year just like they do on TV!
- Countdown begins at 11:45 a.m.
- After Party with DJ Zin: Stick around as we leap into the New Year and dance the afternoon away!
- Event Time: Noon in the Allen Family Courtyard following ball drop.
ON-GOING NEW YEAR’S NOON BASH ACTIVITIES:
- New Year LED Masks: Start off the New Year with a bright, new look and outlook at the Inventor’s Workshop.
- Sound Sandwich: Make some holiday noise! Manipulate craft sticks, straws, and rubber bands into a noise maker that uses vibration to create noise at Science Station.
- Straw Oboe: Turn an ordinary straw into an extraordinary oboe at Science Station.
- Alka Seltzer Rockets: Shoot on over to Science Station to blast off a film canister rocket and salute the New Year.
NEW YEAR’S EVE HOURS:
10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Countdown to NOON begins at 11:45 a.m.
Museum closed on New Year’s Day, Jan. 1
Museum OPEN Monday, January 2